Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chickens

It’s funny the things you do for the man you love! I married a cute farm boy that knows how to shoe a horse, castrate a cow, and hunt and slaughter his own beef…which were all, by the way, on my list of things I wanted in a man!!! Just kidding! When we were first married, he wanted a dog. I said “no.” I told him that we could get one when we were done having babies, when we had a backyard, and when it was fenced. Low and behold that day just sort of snuck up on us so now we have Sir Louie Von Pepper, a yappy little gray miniature schnauzer that likes to pee on my stuff. Then we somehow added fish, which aren’t as bad because they don’t pee on my stuff! The other day, Preston mentioned that we should get chickens. Now we now have 7 little chicks living in a box in my office because they are too small to go outside, and he is almost done building a coupe which takes up 16 square feet of my yard. I may sound like I’m complaining but I’m really not! I’m just confused how we turned into Little House on the Prairie overnight! Although, it will be fun when they are big enough to go outside forever and we have fresh eggs every day.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I can't believe you are letting Preston have chickens. He is my Dad to a T. Good Luck with the chicken poop all over you yard. Love ya guys. See you in a couple days.

Lynette said...

Carma,
I love your blog! Thanks for sharing. I don't think I ever pictured you owning chickens. That is great!

~Lynette

Reed and Rochelle said...

Love your blog and catching up with your family.

The May Family said...

I Love Your Blog!!!! I love chickens!!! We need to get together real soon! A BBQ sounds fun. Call me! (801)577-9147. Check out my blog at www.jakeandannettemay.blogspot.com